Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2017! 

I don't know about you but I was ready to kiss 2016 good bye.  It was not my greatest year by any means but they say "the best is yet to come" and I am truly trying to find faith in that saying!

I have so much brewing in my mind for this year and am hoping to make it even more successful than 2016, which overall was not bad for my little Modern Magnolia in-home studio.  Huge thank you to all my customers who have helped keep pushing me along.  I will try much harder to stay on top of sharing pictures and posts and having more of an internet profile than before.  I'm very excited about a couple items on my craft table this very moment.

I have a short list of WIPs to complete before I can truly focus on brand new items for 2017 but I will use them as practice to share on here and keep posting regularly.

Here are two custom T shirt quilts that were finished summer of 2016:

 My customer had a very specific idea to break her shirts in half and do one as a "traveling quilt" featuring shirts from her many adventures:


The second quilt for "Life Events" such as school and places/events near and dear to her.  She also had very detailed instructions for a custom block that features what remained of a long lost best friends shirt so she could immortalize her in some way, that specific shirt being the "12" in the center.

This was a fun challenge to make them all fit and stay cohesive and I'm always so honored to help preserve precious memories for others.

I am currently not accepting any custom quilt orders at this time.  As I make room for more custom work, I will be sure to announce that here.  Currently it appears it will be March 2017 before I will have any openings.  If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out through email (ModernMagnoliaStudio@hotmail.com) or my Etsy shop.

Wishing you a happy new year,

Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment