Friday, January 8, 2016

Here's to 2016

Hello out there in Blogland,

Well, 2016 is here and I'm in my post-holiday exhaustion phase.  I'm revamping my Etsy page, as one of my new goals is move onto that platform, as well as retain my relationship with local vendors and customers.  Another resolution is to blog more consistently.  Here's hoping I can achieve this!

Last month I mentioned work on a guild challenge.  The challenge rules were as follows:

"The challenge to you is to create a self-portrait in fiber. This does not have to be realistic! It
may be your inner you, the way you wish you looked, or the way you remember looking at some time in the past. It may also represent what’s important to you, a person or place or activity. Try to think of something that reveals the real you. This doesn’t have to be serious; it can be whimsical or fun.
All sides of the piece should add up to 80″. That means it can be a 20″ square, or a 15″ by 25″ rectangle, or whatever shape you wish, as long as all the outer edges added together equal 80″. There should be a recognizable spot of red somewhere on the piece. It needs to be bigger than just a line of red quilting thread.

Here is my entry:


I had a lot of fun making this, and it was certainly a challenge since my original design concept left me feeling insecure. This version was definitely more "me."   Sorry for the blurry photo, but my phone doesn't take the best of pictures.

Hopefully I'll have a photo for you in the morning (after my guild meeting), but tonight I'm focusing on a WIP before I dig into Valentine's Day and some exciting new endeavors on my design wall.  Tonigt's WIP is the quilt I started with my son back over summer break.  He has steadily helped all along the way, and we are in the home stretch.  I'd love to finish it by the end of next week.  Photos ASAP, promise!


Until then, goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment