Thursday, June 30, 2016

QuiltCon 2017



I mapped out my plan of action weeks ago and last Saturday, at 9:30AM, I had kids occupied with breakfast and a TV show and by 9:50AM I had the site up, armed with workshop codes and my credit card,  ready to just click the link to start registration as soon as my clock struck 10:00AM.  I was in and out rather quickly, but then the spooling hit pretty hard right at the end... the site crashed but FORTUNATELY I somehow managed to get registered for my top two workshops before the chaos ensued and MQG had to shut down the site and postpone the rest of registration.  I was on the phone with a friend and fellow guild member texting and calling for over an hour dying to know if our submissions had actually been processed and accepted or if we would be one of thousands having to start over whenever registration opened again.  

I'm happy to say I got my confirmation email today and that I am, in fact, registered for my two workshops and I am eagerly anticipating attending my first QuiltCon!  I have put in my time off request at work and will now focus on finding lodging.

I will be attending Alison Glass's Embroidery 101 workshop and Amy Friend's Paper Pieced Block Design with EQ7 workshop.  I am undecided about a few lectures and may still try to register for those when registration opens again. 

Will I see you at QuiltCon?

No comments:

Post a Comment