Monday, March 7, 2016

All I see are stars...

I am working on finishing my studio "make over" and one of the last things on my list is decorating the wall over the desk with embroidered hoop art.  I ADORE hoop art. It's art and its embroidery, two of my favorite things.   I also didn't want my wall to only be my own machine embroidered hoop creations, but also items created by and supporting others.  I am all about supporting handmade businesses!  Something I don't do is hand embroidery and although, yes, I probably could have sat down and either ordered a  custom digitized design or created it myself, I opted for hand embroidered this time. 

Enter Sara, The Kitschy Stitcher.   She offered to design and create this piece based around one of my favorite quotes, from one of my favorite songs, from one of my favorite movies.  Sara has such an amazing eye for colors and textures, using them to create gorgeous vintage-inspired hoop art! 

Before I unveil the final product, here is the song from the movie:



"All I see are stars,
and suddenly some days
my eyes lead me astray,
faraway down the street,
until I can't bare to steal a glance at the sun
or even look the sky straight in the eye
all I see are stars..."

- "Flames with Glasses" by Dionysos from the movie Jack and the Cuckoo Clock Heart

And without further ado:


Did Sara not do the most brilliant job?  I gave very minimal guidelines and she blew me away!  Her turnaround time was quick and she shared sneak peeks on her IG.  Be sure to follow her there: @thekitschystitcher
www.thekitschystitcher.etsy.com

I've been eyeballing the sewing machine hoop art in her Etsy shop... I need some self control!  My wall is coming together and as soon as I get everything finished and hung up, I will be sure to share a full studio reveal.  I have a lot of custom and fun details to share!

Stay tuned and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting about this on your blog! I am so happy that you are pleased with the final product. Your custom order is such a big hit, I'm going to offer it as a permanent listing in my Etsy shop!!! That's why I love working with customers to create something beautiful together that I couldn't have come up with on my own :) Can't wait to see your whole wall come together!!!

    ReplyDelete